About Dr. Kwiecien
Dr. Kwiecien graduated from Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry in 1995 and holds a master’s degree in healthcare administration. He has more than 25 years of private practice experience with most of those years overlapping in academia. Before joining Spear Education full-time from 2014 – 2017, Dr. Kwiecien served as assistant professor of restorative dentistry at Oregon Health and Sciences University School of Dentistry where his roles included director of the university’s faculty dental practice, as well as course director of pre-clinical fixed prosthodontics and co-course director of advanced restorative concepts. Dr. Kwiecien’s dedication to high-level continuing education began with Dr. Frank Spear in 2001. Shortly thereafter, he completed the curriculum at the L.D. Pankey Institute. He has over 15 years of national and international lecturing and workshops. Dr. Kwiecien serves as faculty member at the L.D. Pankey Institute and dedicates the majority of his time as the owner of K Squared Facilitation and Dental Education, facilitating long-term health for the practice, team, and patient.
Health-centered Dentistry and Team-centered Systems
Every Case is a Big Case: Is Occlusion the Key?
As dentistry continues to evolve, the role of the dentist and dental team can seem more ambiguous, creating more questions than answers. Airway or occlusion? Stress-management or an occlusal guard? Fluoride and tooth repair or nutritional counseling? Can we do it all? Should we do it all? If so, how? And is understanding optimal occlusal concepts and restoring a patient to a traditionally optimal result still appropriate? Would you be open to the possibility that the dentist and dental team can use all of its gifts and tools to move a patient towards appropriate and optimal health, one step at a time?
This presentation will address the following:
• How to intentionally create a co-discovery dental team for a congruent patient experience
• Develop individualized transparent systems to support predictable clinical office flow
• Review key clinical data that the entire team can understand to support consistent treatment planning
• Develop a systematic approach to data gathering and treatment planning
• Understand how to create a message to help every patient feel safe to move towards appropriate health
Systematic Treatment Planning for Predictability and Confidence
A systematic approach of using the face to determine the proper position of the teeth is the cornerstone of a process that can have a very profound positive impact on restorative dentists, specialists, and team members. Not only can the process increase productivity and profitability, but it can also make every patient’s treatment more predictable, reduce daily and overall anxiety, while simultaneously resulting in more personal satisfaction for the practitioner and the team.
This workshop participants will experience the following:
• Understand the systematic steps to treatment plan every patient
• Use photographs provided by Dr. Kwiecien to begin treatment planning several patients
• Use models provided by Dr. Kwiecien to experience the systematic process of using wax or composite with intention to create optimal function and esthetics
• Have the opportunity to treatment plan a current patient if photos are provided by participant
• Review roadblocks to integrating desired changes
• Create strategies to integrate and lead desired changes
March 18-19, 2022 – 8:00AM – 5:00PM
March 20, 2021 – 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Interfaith Dental Clinic
600 Hill Ave
Nashville, TN 37210